Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. This workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system.
• As a pre-assignment, participants were asked to answer the following questions:
• On a scale of one to ten, rate your current stress level. (One is no stress at all, five is moderately stressed, and ten is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.)
- Where would you like your stress level to be?
- What are the major stressors in your life?
- What do you see as the major challenges to resolving your stress?
- What are you currently doing to manage and reduce stress? What would
you like to be doing?
In this course, you will learn the core skills that will help you use your resources efficiently, manage your time wisely, communicate effectively and collaborate with others skillfully. The practices presented in this module will take time to root into your daily work routine. However, making the commitment to consistently apply the concepts everyday is the key to changing and adopting new behaviors in a short amount of time.